NanoInnovation 2016 will be held from 20 to 23 September in Rome, hosted in the Renaissance Cloister by Sangallo at the Faculty of Civil and Industrial Engineering, Sapienza University of Rome.
NanoInnovation 2016, jointly organized by NanoItaly Association and AIRI (Italian Association for Industrial Research), aims to become the reference national event for the wide and multidisciplinary international community involved in the development of nanotechnologies and in their integration with other enabling technologies (KETs) in all application fields. The promotion of a responsible research and innovation, toward a sustainable development in the social, environment and economic frames is one of the leading themes of the event.
Main goals of NanoInnovation 2016 are:
- Providing a meeting forum among academy, research and companies.
- Displaying the State of the Art in applied research on nanotechnology.
- Acting as a showcase for the most important innovation deriving from nanotechnology and KETs
- Supporting the knowledge transfer among different application sectors.
NanoInnovation 2016 is addressed to: researchers, institutions, investors, companies and other economic operators, government institutions, media and all individual or organization, interested in the recent developments of nanotechnology in integration with KETs.
The participation is completely free, prior registration on the website www.nanoinnovation.eu
The event offers several differentiated ways of participation and involvement ranging from oral/poster presentation of original research or innovation results with applicative focus in the parallel scientific sessions, to the direct organization of technical-scientific sessions or satellite events, to the presence in a booth in the exhibition area. Selected scientific papers will be published on a special issue of AIP Conference Proceedings.
The event is structured in different initiatives in order to account for the needs of any kind of participants. During the three days event are foreseen:
- Plenary Sessions, with the presence of national and international experts and personalities
- Technical-scientific sessions
- Tutorial sessions, to get knowledge and expertise on the treated topics
- Matchmaking meetings
- Satellite events, independently organized by external organization
- Exhibition area, with the presence of companies, universities, research centres, where producers can provide detailed information on the most innovative products of the nanotech world and researchers can illustrate to companies the results of their research
- Guided tours in the highly specialized research labs of Rome area
Three Committees govern the event, with the presence of recognized experts from scientific or industrial communities:
- Organizing Committee
- Steering Committee
- Technical-Scientific Committee
The full list of Committees members is available on the event web site.